The Conservation Alliance of Kenya is a limited liability membership organization registered (registration ongoing) in Kenya as the umbrella body to advance the preservation, protection and management of wildlife and its habitats; places of natural beauty; locations of zoological, botanical, geographical, scientific interest, features of landscape with geological and physiographical value in Kenya.
The membership is open to registered International Non-Governmental (INGO), Non-Governmental (NGO), Civil Society (CSO) and Community Based Organizations (CBO) involved in the wildlife, environment and natural resources management that demonstrates a commitment to the Alliance objectives and Charter.
The Alliance governance structure consists of Board of Directors, Council of Advisors and Secretariat which will be responsible for oversight, advisory and day to day management respectively.
Vision and Mission
The Alliance Vision is to be a world-class public organization in wildlife conservation.
The primary Mission is to collaborate with partners to promote the national, regional and international conservation agenda.
- To partner with government and support the development, implementation and review of Kenya’s conservation strategy;
- To support the integration of wildlife conservation protection, conservation, management considerations into national and county development plans and budget;
- To coordinate the Alliance’s contributions to the negotiations and implementation of conventions on the wildlife and environment conservation;
- To strengthen the capacity of civil society to address conservation issues through engagement in policy-making dialogues at the national, regional and international levels;
- To work with the Judiciary and wildlife law enforcement agencies in enhancing effective implementation and enforcement of the relevant wildlife and environment related legislations and regulations; and
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge management system to support decision-making, cross-learning and experiences at national, regional, sub-regional and international levels.